Sunday, July 17, 2011

First Time Camping Help?

I'm going camping with friends and his dad and staying overnight in the woods, or I may sleepover the night before and we may leave for the woods at like 6AM and come back at like 10PM that night... We are probably going in June or July. I want to kinda survive off of myself out there. I'm not using any tools, unless I make them myself with my bare hands. The first thing I think I should do when I get there is get a stick, rub it off a rock and make a spear like weapon for stabbing. Secondly, how would I make an axe sort of weapon for chopping bark off of a Birch tree? Once I have the bark, I'm building a fire and setting the fire. For a fire, I plan on getting identifying a flint rock (I hope I can find one) and striking it off of another rock to make a spark. Also, how hard is it to make a spark? I will use the spark to light dead grass on fire, setting the bark on fire and finally some branches I will scavenge. Now for food, I can't go out with my stick and stab a rabbit and roast it over a fire and eat it.... So, if I were to live off of fruits for a day, the only fruit I know that grows around here is blackberries, blueberries, and raspberrys. How hard is it to find these foods in the woods of Pennsylvania? What else will I need? Can I strike a flint off of another rock or do I need a piece of metal? Do I need to bring that metal along?

No comments:

Post a Comment