Saturday, July 16, 2011

My 1995 Civic Coupe has turned off and will not turn back on?

The first time it happened, i was crossing the GW bridge to NY. I have a kill switch called the Clifford. It doesn't allow you to turn the car on without putting the pin inside. As it has been getting hotter, it has been turning off more and more frequently. Sometimes 5-6 times a day with a 2-3 day interval. 2 days ago i changed the ball joint and the tie rod for the driver side, very happy, and started to head out on Rt,4 to englewood. The car died in rush hour on the highway, my biggest fear, and i waited for the light to come back on. When i turned it, it came on for a brief second and died. I pushed it off the road onto residential area. As i tryed to turn it on, it cranked with no effect. I can say when i tryed on the highway i heard a sizzle on my side and the drivers HID light went out. It hasn't come back on. The dash lights dimmed really bad and it didn't turn back on. Its my greatest fear after trying to figure it out. It never turns off when my mechanics or friends look at it but when im driving, when im parked, when im about to drive, or parking it turns off. Please help me, its on a road it cant be on and i have to figure the problem out now. Battery is new and it has gas, didn't check the spark plugs but i dont know man...i need help so bad..

No comments:

Post a Comment